Re: [O] setting local variables

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] setting local variables
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 09:11:31 -0700

> Hello,
>
> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm writing an Emacs manual in Org, using
>> https://github.com/tarsius/ox-texinfo-plus to make things a bit
>> easier.
>
> I don't know that library, but as a biased POV, it would be nice to use
> "ox-texinfo" and let us know about its shortcomings. Just saying.

Oh I don't think it's about shortcomings, just about having a version
that's tweaked specifically for writing Emacs manuals. I _really_ want
my packages to have info manuals, and I _really_ don't want to learn how
to write texinfo. I saw Rasmus' Org manual in org, and it looked like a
lot of work. Then I noticed that the Magit manuals used this
texinfo-plus thing, and it seemed good enough.

I think what might be nice would be to have another exporter, derived
from ox-texinfo, specifically for writing Emacs manuals, that helps
authors conform to the Emacs manual conventions. The way texinfo-plus
handles lists of keybindings/user options/etc is nice, and it appears to
set up the indexes for you, you only have to add concept index entries
manually.

Does that sound feasible? It would be great if this was available out of
the box.

Eric