Re: [O] org-protocol documentation

From: Mario Martelli
Subject: Re: [O] org-protocol documentation
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 06:42:04 +0200

+worked for me on Windows-XP Professional and the emasc23 from ourcomments.org
+(@uref{http://ourcomments.org/cgi-bin/emacsw32-dl-latest.pl}). I'm no Windows user
+though and enhancements are more than welcome on the org-mode mailinglist. The
+original file is from
@uref{http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_protocol}.

Could someone double-check this?

address@hidden
+REGEDIT4
+
+[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\org-protocol]
+@@="URL:Org Protocol"
+"URL Protocol"=""
+[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\org-protocol\shell]
+[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\org-protocol\shell\open]
+[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\org-protocol\shell\open\command]
+@@="\"C:\\Programme\\Emacs\\emacs\\bin\\emacsclientw.exe\" \"%1\""
address@hidden example
+
address@hidden
+macOS setup

See above.

As it seems Org protocol is not so popular :)

I assume there will be no feedback and it'll be sufficient to relegate to the OS documentation.

Especially the OS and 3rd party application related stuff made be anxious about rewriting the original documentation.