[O] Using org-mode via vSSH on iPad

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [O] Using org-mode via vSSH on iPad
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:25:57 -0400

I've been trying to find a way to use org-mode from my iPad (other than MobileOrg, which seems really unwieldy), and the closest I've come is to us the vSSH app to connect to my desktop Mac and run emacs there.

Unfortunately, I'm running into some limitations and I'm not aware of the workarounds, if any. I'm hoping someone here might know.

The most obvious is that after editing my org document, I want to export to an HTML buffer from which I could copy and paste to Blogger (in a browser). My normal key sequence

C-c C-e C-b h H

doesn't work, as the C-b seems to be treated as an ordinary 'b'. I don't get a window showing me the HTML export. Anyone familiar with this or how to get around it?

Then, does anyone know a way to copy the contents of the vSSH app display to the iPad clipboard so I can paste into another app? I don't mind having to edit out some amount of cruft that goes with it, as long as I can get the basic HTML.

Thanks very much!

-pd

P.S. - I've also tried using the Editorial app with md format, but I really miss org's ability to format tables and lists on the fly. Editorial doesn't seem to do that.

--
  Peter Davis
  www.techcurmudgeon.com