Re: [O] 6 failing tests on master branch

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] 6 failing tests on master branch
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 15:14:55 +0000

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 10:26 AM Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:
This one should be easy to debug since

  (org-export-file-uri "/address@hidden:papers/last.pdf")

is easy to reproduce. Could you investigate where the spurious "/" comes
from?

Will do.

This seems to be related to a tramp file notation change on emacs master. I don't use tramp, but I heard about it on emacs-devel.

Here is a test _expression_:

    (find-file-name-handler "/address@hidden:papers/last.pdf" 'file-remote-p)

On emacs 25.2, that returns tramp-file-name-handler.
On emacs master, that returns nil.

So, on emacs 25.2, in org-export-file-uri, the (org-file-remote-p filename) case evaluates to true. Whereas, on emacs master, the execution falls into the default (t ..) case.

.. and thus the spurious "/".

Copying the tramp dev Michael Albinus on this for help.
@Michael How should the above find-file-name-handler arg change to support that test file path?

Thanks.
--

Kaushal Modi