Re: [O] 6 failing tests on master branch

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] 6 failing tests on master branch
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 23:10:41 +0200

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> 6 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/list-matrix-from-table1
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/list-matrix-from-table2
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/list-var-from-table
>    FAILED  test-org-export/file-uri
>    FAILED  test-org/custom-properties
>    FAILED  test-org/forward-paragraph
>
> I remember reading that someone else too saw the fortran errors.. Is it
> because I don't have fortran on my system?

No, I don't think so. OTOH, I have no idea about where this comes from.

> About the other 3 errors:

Since our buildbot doesn't report any problem, this seems specific to
Emacs master.

> Test test-org-export/file-uri condition:
>     (ert-test-failed
>      ((should
>        (equal "file://address@hidden:papers/last.pdf"
>               (org-export-file-uri "/address@hidden:papers/last.pdf")))
>       :form
>       (equal "file://address@hidden:papers/last.pdf"
> "file:///address@hidden:papers/last.pdf")
>       :value nil :explanation
>       (arrays-of-different-length 40 41
> "file://address@hidden:papers/last.pdf"
> "file:///address@hidden:papers/last.pdf" first-mismatch-at 7)))

This one should be easy to debug since

  (org-export-file-uri "/address@hidden:papers/last.pdf")

is easy to reproduce. Could you investigate where the spurious "/" comes
from?

> Test test-org/custom-properties condition:
>     (ert-test-failed
>      ((should
>        (let
>            (...)
>          (org-test-with-temp-text "* H
> :PROPERTIES:
> <point>:FOO: val
> :END:
> " ... ...)))
>       :form
>       (let
>           ((org-custom-properties ...))
>         (org-test-with-temp-text "* H
> :PROPERTIES:
> <point>:FOO: val
> :END:
> "
>          (org-toggle-custom-properties-visibility)
>          (org-invisible-p2)))
>       :value nil))
>    FAILED  646/734  test-org/custom-properties
>
>     (ert-test-failed
>      ((should
>        (org-test-with-temp-text "#+BEGIN_CENTER
> P1
>
> P2
> #+END_CENTER
> P3"
>         (org-hide-block-toggle)
>         (org-forward-paragraph)
>         (looking-at "P3")))
>       :form
>       (let
>           ((inside-text ...)
>            (org-mode-hook nil))
>         (with-temp-buffer
>           (org-mode)
>           (let ... ...)
>           (org-hide-block-toggle)
>           (org-forward-paragraph)
>           (looking-at "P3")))
>       :value nil))
>    FAILED  668/734  test-org/forward-paragraph

These one are related to invisible text. I don't what is going to change
in this area in next Emacs release.

> I have an unrelated make test question too.
>
> If I add a test, say test-org/foo, in order to make learning ert and org
> test writing faster, it is possible to run just that one test-org/foo and
> not the whole suite?

You can run, e.g.,

  BTEST_RE="foo" make test

Regards,