[O] [OT] Requiring packages which may be missing?

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: [O] [OT] Requiring packages which may be missing?
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:53:51 +0200

Hi,

This is more of a general emacs question.

I often use the same .emacs on various machines which may not have all
the packages I normally load.  To get around this I use the Fabrice
Niessen's 'try-require' function taken from

  http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/dot-emacs.html

Due to some recent  problems, I wanted to look at the  way I load things
and wondered how others deal with missing packages.

Cheers,

Loris

PS: I mainly use Emacs 25, but would be interested in Emacs 24
compatibility.

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)
ZEDAT, Freie Universität Berlin         Email address@hidden