[O] org-link-search failing to find links created by clock table

From: Stacey Marshall
Subject: [O] org-link-search failing to find links created by clock table
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:37:00 +0100

created a clock table and the resulting links fail to work. I get a message:

condition-case: No match for fuzzy _expression_: DONE private data removed".

Tracked that down to lisp/org.el org-link-search() where there are two identical messages. Changing the first to add the word "heading" confirms it is the first search that was in operation. Adding a message to print out title-re I see the following

^\*+.*\(?:COMMENT[ ]\)?.*DONE.+private.+data.+removed\.

If I manually edit the link and remove the TODO keyword (DONE) the link then works.

Looking at org.el function org-search-link it requests the heading without the keyword (org-get-headeing t t t ).

But as seen, the link from the clock table has the keyword.

org-clock.el function org-clock-table-data sets hdl (when links are requested):

(org-make-org-heading-search-string
                 (replace-regexp-in-string
                  org-bracket-link-regexp
                  (lambda (m) (or (match-string 3 m)