Re: [O] Scatter-gather idea

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: [O] Scatter-gather idea
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 18:34:04 -1000

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> can you provide a use case?

A simple use case: you're brainstorming, making org-mode headline
entries as fast as you can think or type. After a while you notice that
a number of entries seem to be related and might actually be better
considered as a spin-off. So you want to gather up all of those entries
and send them off in bulk to a different org file.

Or even simpler: you want to group together a bunch of scattered
headlines that you now see as being related. Yes, you can do this by
moving each one around individually, but I'd like a faster method---
just mark them and relocate them all at once to the top or bottom of the
buffer.

> for me, i have long wanted to mark a set of tasks with a tag in the
> outline or agenda, then have /links/ to them gathered in one place, at
> a uniform level.

This sounds quite useful, actually.

--
Bob Newell