[O] Subject: Use of date trees in Capture has been modified

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [O] Subject: Use of date trees in Capture has been modified
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 08:55:09 +0100

Dear all,

I have just pushed (to master) a patch that modifies the use
of date trees in capture templates.  If you don't use them,
no need to read on.

We used to have 4 different capture targets that work with date trees:
file+datetree, file+datetree+prompt, file+weektree,
file+weektree+promt.
All these are now consolidated to a single new target,
file+olp+datetree, which also allows for the optional specification of
an outline-path to build the tree under a specific headline instead of
at top level in the target file.  In this way, you can have several
date trees in a file.  The type of tree (month or iso-week) is now
controlled with a property :tree-type, the option to force a
date/time prompt is controlled by the property :time-prompt.

For the time being, the old targets will be automatically translated
and used correctly. When you use customize to change
org-capture-templates, things will automatically be updated next time
you change the variable.  The recommendation is to go and update your
templates, in case at some time in the future, we might remove the compatibility layer.

Let me know if any issues arise.

Carsten