Re: [O] "Which function for creating the link?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] "Which function for creating the link?
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 09:46:13 -0800

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>     > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     > You are probably either loading explicitly org-mairix (from contrib)
>     > or requiring 'org-mairix (explicitly or implicitly).
>
> I think I found the culprit, I started emacs -q and the
> variable org-store-link-functions did not contain
> org-mairix-store-gnus-link.
>
> However when I loaded gnorb, org-store-link-functions
> *did* contain org-mairix-store-gnus-link.
>
> @Eric what do you say?
>
> I briefly scanned the code but cannot find why
> org-mairix-store-gnus-link is put into the list

Probably you've set `gnorb-gnus-mail-search-backend' to 'mairix. Then,
when you call `gnorb-bbdb-mail-search', that would result in a call to
`mairix-search', which I'm sure is autoloaded and will bring in the
whole package.

There's not much to be done about that: you can set
`gnorb-gnus-mail-search-backend' to nil (or a different backend) and
that will solve the problem, but if you ever try to use mairix, the same
thing will happen again.

Eric