Re: [O] footnotes problems in split files on export to latex

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] footnotes problems in split files on export to latex
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 23:52:32 +0100

Hello,

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, if I try to insert a footnote inside the parent file it try's to
> renumber the footnotes, which then causes problems with the other child
> files.

I cannot see why it would cause problems with other included files.
Footnote numbers are hermetic across included files. IOW you can
have [fn:1] in the master document and in every included file.

Could you show an ECM?

> The file is only 1.4mbs, but it has does have 23,985 lines and it is
> glacially-slow in navigating the file, and it does take up large
> percentages of CPU usage. Is there any way in which I could somehow make
> emacs change its capabilities to allow files with large number of line
> numbers please?

This is another, unrelated, issue. Please send a profiler report (using
M-x profiler-start ...).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou