Re: [O] footnotes problems in split files on export to latex

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] footnotes problems in split files on export to latex
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 16:12:20 +0000

> Hello,
>
> Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have a very large file that I'm working on into 4 sections and have
>> included the sections like this, in the middle of the main file -
>>
>> #+include: "~/research/drugs/drugs17-a2i.org"
>> #+include: "~/research/drugs/drugs17-k2n.org"
>> #+include: "~/research/drugs/drugs17-o2z.org"
>>

>> And moved the footnotes for each new section over to the
>> relevant #+include: file.
>
> You may have done a mistake during this step. You could use M-x org-lint
> to check each included document separately.
>
> Org is expected to be able to handle included footnotes.

Thanks for this Nicolas.

When I do 'org-lint' on "~/research/drugs/drugs17-a2i.org" I get this as a reply

   535 high  Unknown fuzzy location "What is a bad trip?"
  4101 high  Unknown fuzzy location "Opium"
  4312 high  Unknown fuzzy location "Poppers"
  4312 high  Unknown fuzzy location "Nitrous oxide"
  4358 high  Unknown fuzzy location "Poppers"

Which are section headers in different parts of the various files.

Also, if I try to insert a footnote inside the parent file it try's to
renumber the footnotes, which then causes problems with the other child
files. I do have '#+STARTUP: fnadjust' in the preamble of the parent
file. So how can I lock the footnotes to allow me to enter a new
footnote without scrambling the order and sequences of the footnotes in
both parent and child files please?

The file is only 1.4mbs, but it has does have 23,985 lines and it is
glacially-slow in navigating the file, and it does take up large
percentages of CPU usage. Is there any way in which I could somehow make
emacs change its capabilities to allow files with large number of line
numbers please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.6, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1