Re: [O] Formatting dates in org-html postamble

From: Pavel Panchekha
Subject: Re: [O] Formatting dates in org-html postamble
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:09:43 -0800

I'm sorry, let me give a full bug report:

I have

#+TITLE: title here
#+DATE: <2016-10-20>

in an org file, with no other "#+" lines set.

In my configuration file, I have set

(setf org-html-postamble-format
      (list
       (list
        "en"
(setf org-html-metadata-timestamp-format "%d %B %Y")

When I publish to HTML, the date is printed directly as "<2016-10-20 Thu>".

I am using Emacs 25.1.1 and Org 9.0.1.

I have looked through the code, and think the error is likely on line 1882 of ox-html.el, where the date format ought to be passed to org-export-get-date as the optional second argument.

As a workaround, I am currently setting org-export-date-timestamp-format, but it seems like this ought to be HTML-specific.

—Pavel Panchekha

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 1:33 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Pavel Panchekha <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been trying to set the date format in the HTML postamble. It looks
> like a date given in #+DATE is not being formatted according to the date
> format specification, but if no #+DATE is given, the format specification
> is used.
>
> Is this intended behavior—should I write formatted dates in #+DATE?

We need more information to answer this.

What exactly did you try (configured variables, #+DATE keyword ...)?
What Org version are you using? What did you expect?

If you have some spare time,
<http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html> may be a good
read.

Regards,