Re: [O] [BUG] org-create-formula-image requires 'gs' when it doesn't loo

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] org-create-formula-image requires 'gs' when it doesn't look like to be necessary (causing issues on Windows)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 11:49:05 -0500

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:02:00AM -0500, Frederick Giasson wrote:
> > Do you mean that "gs" could be removed from all entries in
> > `org-preview-latex-process-alist'?
> >
> > I'm Cc'ing Feng Shu, who implemented the new LaTeX preview mechanism. He
> > hopefully knows why this dependency was introduced in the first place.
>
> I think so yes, at least on Windows (didn't try on Linux nor OSX)

I've checked all three converters on os x as well (but not linux). ghostscript
is included an a dependency for all of them, so won't work on osx w/o
explicitly installing ghostscript, but in fact, work fine w/o it. I am not
sure why it has been set for each converter as a dependency since it does not
seem to be used by any of the conversion chains. As an aside, it is not
mentioned in the documentation (info).

rick