Re: [O] [BUG] org-create-formula-image requires 'gs' when it doesn't loo

From: Frederick Giasson
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] org-create-formula-image requires 'gs' when it doesn't look like to be necessary (causing issues on Windows)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:08:39 -0500

Hi again,

There is one thing I forgot to mention: PDF/LateX export was working fine.

Thanks,

Fred

Hi,

I am a Windows user and I am testing the Org 9.x branch. I just discovered that I couldn't display inline latex anymore using C-c C-x C-l. I was getting that error:

org-create-formula-image: Can’t find ‘gs’ (you need to install the programs: latex, dvipng and ghostscript.)

A look at orl.el line #4079: "(defcustom org-preview-latex-process-alist", for "dvipng" we have a programs list: "("latex" "dvipng" "gs")"

The problem here is that "gs" is not an executable that exists in Ghostscript for Windows nor I think it is necessary for that to work.

I did remove it from the list of required parameters, then I restarted Emacs and everything is working fine now.

Any thoughts on that? Should it be fixed? (I guess)

Thanks,

Fred