Re: [O] How are people handling their calendars?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] How are people handling their calendars?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 08:07:14 +0200

Tristan Strange <address@hidden> writes:

> The world of calendars is a murky one isn't it? After a couple of
> weeks of fiddling around I finally decided I'd keep my TODO's,
> deadlines, etc in a TODO.org and have org-gcal fetch (note not
> synchronise) my calendar from Google.
>
> That way I do all my daily TODO mangling in orgmode, edit calendar
> when on Desktop or Mobile and pull results in to org agenda for easier
> viewing.
>
> So how do you lot handle your calendars?
>
> Do any of you have a working two way set up with CalDAV or anything?

I use the org-caldav package, and that works quite well for two-way
sync. You can use sync multiple calendars, selecting by tags, etc.

The only trouble I had was using a radicale server, which seemed to
expose a bug in xml.el. That's bug 23440, which has a patch that fixes
the problem. The patch hasn't actually been integrated into Emacs, but I
suppose will eventually.