Re: [O] Graphics to HTML, LaTeX/PDF and DocBook?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Graphics to HTML, LaTeX/PDF and DocBook?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:35:55 -0400

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016, at 10:13 AM, Eduardo Mercovich wrote:
> Hi Peter.

> > I've decided to bite the bullet and install InkScape. However, I'm
> > having a hard time figuring out how to integrate this with org-mode.
> > [...]
>
> I export from Inkscape to pdf and include the pdf file. Would that work
> for you?
>
> HTH...

Hi, Eduardo,

I'm creating the SVGs right in org-mode, using GraphViz dot, like this:

#+BEGIN_SRC dot :file mygraph.svg :cmdline -Kdot -Tsvg
#+END_SRC

org-mode then passes this through Inkscape with the command:

inkscape -z -C -f./mygraph.svg -A./mygraph.pdf --export-latex

This appears to be working, as I'm getting a .pdf_tex in the same
directory as my org file. However, LaTeX's \includesvg{} seems unable to
find the .pdf_tex file.

Interestingly, I managed to get the document to output to PDF by
manually running the inkscape command on each of the svg files. org-mode
seems to be trying to do this, but for some reason it's not working.

Now, however, my text doesn't fit in the boxes. I wonder if there's a
way to make it all \footnotesize in the .pdf_tex files.

Thanks,
-pd

--
  Peter Davis