Re: [O] Graphics to HTML, LaTeX/PDF and DocBook?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Graphics to HTML, LaTeX/PDF and DocBook?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 12:19:46 -0400

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016, at 09:40 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Tuesday,  4 Oct 2016 at 13:03, Peter Davis wrote:
> > I have a document with a number of embedded dot graphics (and one
> > ditaa). I'm trying to output these in some vector format, so they will
> > work across a wide range of devices. However I can't seem to find the
> > one true graphics format.
>
> I don't think there is one true graphics format unfortunately.  What I
> would suggest is that you have your src block export the dot graphic to
> a specific format based on the export target.  For instance, if
> exporting to LaTeX/PDF, use PDF; if exporting to HTML, use SVG.  You can
> specify the actual destination using elisp code in the src block header.

Thanks, Eric.

I've decided to bite the bullet and install InkScape. However, I'm
having a hard time figuring out how to integrate this with org-mode. Org
generates the \includegraphics commands, so I assume it understands the
svg package, which in turn understands inkscape, but I don't know how to
connect them.  There are bits and pieces around the Web, but I haven't
found a coherent explanation of how to set this up. Anyone know of one?

Thanks!
-pd

--
  Peter Davis