[O] Capture template for datetree under existing headline

From: Peter Sterner
Subject: [O] Capture template for datetree under existing headline
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 21:41:50 +0200

Hi.

I want to have a capture template that generates a datetree under an existing headline in an org file with existing headlines. I tried this:

("j" "Journal" entry (file+datetree "~/workspace/org/notes.org" "Journal") "* %?\n Added %U\n %i\n%a")

I tried creating the Journal headline before capturing. But org-mode generates a 2016 headline not placed under Journal.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Peter