Re: [O] Turn off #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE conversions?

From: David A. Gershman
Subject: Re: [O] Turn off #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE conversions?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 10:39:57 -0700

I ended up doing that but then had to write the

   <pre class="example">
   </pre>

portion as well to keep the consistent look and feel.  So I was just
wondering.

Unfortunately, my attempt to keep all my course material in a single Org
file for simplicity is turning difficult.  Not just for this reason
(having to write /a lot/ of HTML due to the complexity of existing
notes), but I'm already over 3500 lines and haven't even started
styling/formatting or adding Babel-based created images.  Drat.

For anyone considering the same (porting existing web pages to Org),
I've notice this about Org HTML export: it does a great job for
documentation-type web pages or even simple presentations.  But if you
have complex pages you're trying to port to Org (nested tables,
horizontally arranged entities, pervasive colors), expect to spend some
time either:

  1) Bending Org to what you can and then probably having raw HTML
     inserted in several areas, or
  2) Seriously re-thinking how you present the information at hand.

Thx.  Now on to styling/formatting...