Re: [O] #+BEGIN_html/#+END_html tags not exporting literally to html any

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] #+BEGIN_html/#+END_html tags not exporting literally to html anymore?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 09:38:11 -0700

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016, Adam Aviv wrote:

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

If so, is there a way to make compilation backwards compatible. I have
a lot of old org files that would be a pain to update.  Further, all
the documentation on the org site is also out of date.

a simple regex replace (or two I guess) will fix all in a file?

Better still `org-repair-export-blocks' will fix them.

It can be found in the

: *** New syntax for export blocks

section of ORG-NEWS.

Yes, I agree --- but that's a burden on long time users even if it is a
simple sed script.

I just wonder why the #+BEGIN_HTML was removed in the first place? What
harm was it doing?

As the ORG-NEWS section above notes, it fixes some parsing issues.

And, why was this change made without updating the documentation to reflect it?

It is updated. For example, see

        (info "(org) Special blocks")
and
        (info "(org) results")