Re: [O] #+BEGIN_html/#+END_html tags not exporting literally to html any

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] #+BEGIN_html/#+END_html tags not exporting literally to html anymore?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 17:15:45 -0400

Adam Aviv <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Charles C. Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     It is updated. For example, see
>
>             (info "(org) Special blocks")
>     and
>             (info "(org) results")
>
>     and in ORG-NEWS.
>
> I see that now, but the online documentation is still out dated:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-HTML-tags.html
>
> Is there a push cycle to keep the online documents up to date with the source
> documentation? Or is that
> controlled differently?

That's because the online docs are for the stable version (the version
you get from the maint branch of the git repo).

If you are using latest (i.e. the master branch of the git repo), then
you have to build and use the docs that come with it:

  make info

I do

INFOPATH=$HOME/src/emacs/org/org-mode/doc:/usr/local/share/info:/usr/share/info
export INFOPATH

in my login shell initialization file to make sure that I pick the
version I built over any other versions installed on my system.
There are other ways to do that - and even for this one, you will
have to modify the paths appropriately.

--
Nick