Re: [O] Will there be an updated Org Mode in Emacs 25?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Will there be an updated Org Mode in Emacs 25?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 16:08:38 +0000

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm fairly surprised about this answer because we have been repeatedly
asking for an update, and they refused every time.

Org 8.3 was meant to be included in Emacs 25 and it was released about
one year ago.

There's miscommunication between the emacs-devel and emacs-orgmode mailing lists.

I would suggest that you push the latest maint branch org version to the master branch of emacs now, so that it would be fairly tested by the time the next to next emacs release happens (25.2?).
--

Kaushal Modi