[O] Will there be an updated Org Mode in Emacs 25?

From: N. Jackson
Subject: [O] Will there be an updated Org Mode in Emacs 25?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 12:34:44 -0300

Hello Org Mode developers,

I'm wondering if there will be an updated version of Org Mode
bundled with Emacs 25?

In the tarball for the most recent pre-release version (25.0.95)
the bundled Org Mode is 8.2.10. This is the same version that was
bundled with Emacs 24.5 15 months ago or so, and presumably it is
even older than that!

As the release or the next Emacs looks like it will be fairly soon (on
the order of a few weeks?), this would seem to be something needing
addressing fairly soon. :)

(I asked this question on the Emacs developers' list and they
suggested [1] that I ask the Org Mode developers.)

Thanks.

Regards,
N.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-07/msg00792.html