Re: [O] Bug: Write file while editing babel code block doesn't work as e

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Write file while editing babel code block doesn't work as expected [8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-778-g8127b3 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 19:00:16 +0800

Hello,
** Nicolas Goaziou [2016-05-15 09:40:03 +0200]:

> Hello,
>
> Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have small example that worked before the commit, please see attached
>> Org document.
>
> While it's true this worked before, I don't consider it to be
> a regression. There was no guarantee that `save-buffer' would save the
> source buffer. In fact, I think instrumenting `save-buffer' is not
> a good idea, because it is surprising. Usually, minor modes change
> bindings instead of altering functions.
>
> You can bind `org-edit-src-save' to F2 in this case.

Correct me if I understand you wrong, but you suggest to bind ~F2~ key
to ~org-edit-src-save~. But then this will work only in Org buffer, and
how about LaTeX mode then. Or I should bind ~F2~ to something like that:
(global-set-key [f2]
  (if (functionp org-edit-src-save) org-edit-src-save save-buffer))

(don't test this code, just idea, may be this code won't work or even
there is more elegant code and idea).

On second thought, I considered org-src buffer as auxiliary buffer,
depending on (main) Org document buffer, so saving org-src buffer should
save Org document buffer. I agree that there should be possibility to
save org-src buffer and if ~write-buffer~ works it is Ok and it is Ok to
call it manually. This is just my thoughts.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Q:      Why does Washington have the most lawyers per capita and
        New Jersey the most toxic waste dumps?