Re: [O] Bug: Write file while editing babel code block doesn't work as e

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Write file while editing babel code block doesn't work as expected [8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-778-g8127b3 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 14:12:20 +0200

Hello,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> Is this a correct change?  Previously, C-x C-s in the org-src buffer
> would save the underlying .org file, which was useful.  AFAICS this now
> would not work.

Why do you think so ? C-x C-s is still bound to `org-edit-src-save'. Do
you have an ECM demonstrating the issue?

> I also wonder whether autosave will work correctly from
> the org-src buffer.

Again, why wouldn't it work? It calls `org-edit-src-save'.

> I think the other suggestion in this thread (to use write-region) is
> a better solution.

The problem is about `write-file' (C-x C-w). If this function is not
behaving as expected, it should be fixed, if possible.

In any case, I think the lines of code I removed were useless anyway. Do
you have any use case in mind for them?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou