Re: [O] the role of org-odt-preferred-output-format etc

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] the role of org-odt-preferred-output-format etc
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 21:22:41 +0800

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello
>
> Maybe I misunderstood the manual
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Extending-ODT-export.html
> and
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Configuring-a-document-converter.html#Configuring-a-document-converter
>
> I can successfully convert a org file to odt, but sometimes I need it to
> be directly in doc format.
>
> So I thought I set org-odt-preferred-output-format
> to «doc».

I set that option to the string "rtf", and everything works as expected.
You don't actually specify the preferred output, you just export to ODT,
and then the secondary conversion happens automtically. Ie, I now just
export to ODT, and automatically end up with an RTF file. I haven't
tried that programmatically, but I'd guess it works the same way: just
don't put the "doc" in there at all. Does that work?