Re: [O] the role of org-odt-preferred-output-format etc

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] the role of org-odt-preferred-output-format etc
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 13:41:15 +0000

http://orgmode.org/manual/Configuring-a-document-converter.html#Configuring-a-document-converter

   >> I can successfully convert a org file to odt, but sometimes I need it to
   >> be directly in doc format.
   >>
   >> So I thought I set org-odt-preferred-output-format
   >> to «doc».

   > I set that option to the string "rtf", and everything works as expected.
   > You don't actually specify the preferred output, you just export to ODT,
   > and then the secondary conversion happens automtically. Ie, I now just
   > export to ODT, and automatically end up with an RTF file. I haven't
   > tried that programmatically, but I'd guess it works the same way: just
   > don't put the "doc" in there at all. Does that work?

I made some progress, I tried out docx and it failed I went back to doc
format in in the message buffer, the following lines

Executing soffice --headless --convert-to doc:"MS Word 97" --outdir
/home/oub/tex/Proy-MTM-2016/LaTeX-org/
/home/oub/tex/Proy-MTM-2016/LaTeX-org/cv-libre.odt

Export to /home/oub/tex/Proy-MTM-2016/LaTeX-org/cv-libre.doc failed

Indicate that it fails again, but I don't understand why.

I tried rtf and got

Executing soffice --headless --convert-to doc:"MS Word 97" --outdir
/home/oub/tex/Proy-MTM-2016/LaTeX-org/
/home/oub/tex/Proy-MTM-2016/LaTeX-org/cv-libre.odt

Export to /home/oub/tex/Proy-MTM-2016/LaTeX-org/cv-libre.doc failed

He also claims that the directory
/home/oub/tex/Proy-MTM-2016/LaTeX-org/rft does not exist. Why the heck
he needs it is beyond me.

What I understand is that he uses soffice, which is the official old
version from my ubuntu version, I have newer versions which I installed
in /opt/libreoffice4.3 and /opt/libreoffice5.1.

How can I tell org to use those?

Uwe Brauer