[O] OT: two interesting articles about (non-)reproducible research

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: [O] OT: two interesting articles about (non-)reproducible research
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 14:54:42 -0400

[off-topic: not even a gratuitous org reference. My only excuse is the
 general interest of list members on reproducible research (org-babel!
 OK, that's the requisite gratuitous reference: I feel better now :-) )]

538.com has published a couple of interesting articles on some poli-sci
research:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-two-grad-students-uncovered-michael-lacour-fraud-and-a-way-to-change-opinions-on-transgender-rights/#ss-1

and

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/as-a-major-retraction-shows-were-all-vulnerable-to-faked-data/

N.B. the reference to the "open data" policies of AJPS - that seems to
be clearly the future direction of research (and, imo, it's about time).

--
Nick