Re: [O] "atomic knowledge" modeling tool

From: Samuel Loury
Subject: Re: [O] "atomic knowledge" modeling tool
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:04:45 +0100

Hello,

> Samuel Loury <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have made a custom agenda command¹ to implement a "kind of" GTD
>> workflow.
>>
>> On a quite old computer with no SSD disk, the commands takes about 20
>> seconds. My org files sum up to 27K lines and 2629 headings (with the
>> archives, there are 5630 headings in 66K lines).
>>
>> I attached the result of elp-instrument-package "org-" when running this
>> command without the archives. I don't know if that helps...
>
> So Org is slow only when calling the agenda?

I would not reach that conclusion so fast. Since I spent most of my time
using the agenda, it is the place where I am most likely to experience
slowness, but that does not mean that org is slow only in that
situation.

On the other hand, I often use the following snippet of code to make
sure the org element cache is up to date and it is very fast (~1s).

(mapc
 (lambda (file)
   (save-window-excursion
     (save-excursion
         (find-file file)
         (org-element-cache-reset)
         )
     )
   )
 (org-agenda-files)
 )

> Could you also send a profiler report? Thank you.

Reproducing a slow behavior is not easy. Today, the agenda is produced
in about 10s with almost the same contents. I included the profiler
report anyway, hoping that you will find something useful in it.

Konubinix
GPG Key    : 7439106A
Fingerprint: 5993 BE7A DA65 E2D9 06CE  5C36 75D2 3CED 7439 106A