Re: [O] Problem with threeparttable and sidewaystable, or: change reques

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with threeparttable and sidewaystable, or: change request for (org-latex-tables-centered) behaviour
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 22:24:24 +0000

Hi Michael,

2016ko otsailak 5an, Michael Giepen-ek idatzi zuen:

[...]

> If the \centering would also be used for threeparttable or any
> environment, there would be no conflict at all (I think).  I do not
> really understand why why the center environment is used in the first
> place: it apparently causes conflicts with several environments, but in
> effect seems to be no different from the center environment.

[ I assume you meant “no different from \centering” ]

This is because in your example the table is exported as non-floating.
\centering only works as intended inside a Latex group, which
non-floating tables are not (necessarily) contained in.

Perhaps we should use “{\centering” and “}” to center non-floating
tables – I’m not enough of a latex guru to know the pros and cons.  Do
you have a reference that documents how the environment version causes
problems, or are you speaking from experience?

[...]

> and adding
>
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :center

I think this should work, except that it needs to be written:

#+ATTR_LATEX: :center t

--
Aaron Ecay