Re: [O] "atomic knowledge" modeling tool

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] "atomic knowledge" modeling tool
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 09:04:41 +0100

On Mon, 01-02-2016, at 22:25, luke call <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 01/31/16 08:37, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:
>  > Thanks for the link. Good-faith question here: does it support spaced
>  > repetition such as provided by org-drill
>  > (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-drill.html) or Anki
>  > (http://ankisrs.net/), for memorizing some of the stored knowledge? I
>  > skimmed through the docs and googled for it, but did not find anything
>  > relevant.
>
> It's interesting that you asked, as i like anki and have planned for
> some time to add that feature to OM.  OM is partly already set up for
> it, just not fully implemented yet.  This has a dependency on another
> future feature which is to associate scripts with objects (entities) in
> the system, so that the menu can also reflect any user-defined
> operations on the entity in view.

Thanks for the details.

(As Eric Fraga mentioned, though, I really like that org is all text; and
specifically for the spaced repetition part, even if I do use Anki, I
actually feel slightly uneasy with Anki because I miss the sense of control
and immediacy of just opening a simple text file and modifying it ---yes, I
know I can import and export from/to text).

Best,

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Department of Biochemistry, Lab B-25