Re: [O] [Beamer] headings missing with two columns

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] [Beamer] headings missing with two columns
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 09:44:48 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tuesday, 26 Jan 2016 at 16:11, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> With the following:
>
> [...]
>
>> I expected to see headings "Fruit" and "Vegetables" over the two
>> columns, but they do not appear.  I thought I had to use
>>
>>     :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
>>
>> explicitly to suppress the headings and that the default was to show
>> them.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> You haven't said what version of org you are using.  The above would
> probably work with versions of org 7.x but for 8.x, you need a different
> set of commands to achieve what you want.  The following should do what
> you want:
>
> #+begin_src org
>   ,#+TITLE: test
>
>   ,#+startup: beamer
>   ,* blah
>   ,** test
>   ,*** Food
>   ,**** Fruit                                            :B_block:BMCOL:
>        :PROPERTIES:
>        :BEAMER_col: 0.5
>        :BEAMER_env: block
>        :END:
>        - apple
>        - banana
>   ,**** Vegetables                                       :B_block:BMCOL:
>        :PROPERTIES:
>        :BEAMER_col: 0.5
>        :BEAMER_env: block
>        :END:
>        - artichoke
>        - broccoli
>
> #+end_src
>
> Note the removal of the LaTeX class declaration.  In v8, blocks have
> headings ignored by default if they are columns so you need to specify a
> block type explicitly.  Using the beamer startup directive allows you to
> easily specify what you want on a headline by C-c C-b.
>
> HTH,
> eric

Thanks, this works (I'm using 8.3.3).  Now I am wondering whether it is
possible to have two headings in the same columns of the same order?  I
thought that I would need a dummy heading between "Food" and "Fruit",
but the following does not work (everything ends up in a single
column).  Even if it had worked, presumably it would have changed the
formatting, since '**** Fruit' is now '***** Fruit', or should
'ignoreheading' handle that?

This is what I tried but only got a single column:

#+TITLE: test
#+STARTUP: beamer

* blah
** test