Re: [O] [Beamer] headings missing with two columns

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [Beamer] headings missing with two columns
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:34:08 +0000

On Wednesday, 27 Jan 2016 at 09:44, Loris Bennett wrote:

[...]

> Thanks, this works (I'm using 8.3.3).  Now I am wondering whether it is
> possible to have two headings in the same columns of the same order?  I
> thought that I would need a dummy heading between "Food" and "Fruit",
> but the following does not work (everything ends up in a single
> column).  Even if it had worked, presumably it would have changed the
> formatting, since '**** Fruit' is now '***** Fruit', or should
> 'ignoreheading' handle that?

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve.  However, I can
say that ignoreheading and block are mutually exclusive environment
settings so you cannot have both.  A block needs a heading but if you
ignore it, you cannot have a block.

The following works, assuming I have understood what you wanted:

#+begin_src org
  ,#+TITLE: test

  ,#+STARTUP: beamer

  ,* blah
  ,** test
  ,*** Food
  ,**** dummy 1                                                  :BMCOL:
      :PROPERTIES:
      :BEAMER_col: 0.5
      :END:
  ,***** Fruit
       - apple
       - banana
  ,***** Nuts
        - brasil
        - cashew
  ,**** dummy 2                                                  :BMCOL:
      :PROPERTIES:
      :BEAMER_col: 0.5
      :END:
  ,***** Vegetables
       - artichoke
       - broccoli
  ,***** Pulses
       - chickpea
       - lentil
#+end_src

If you want a block with an empty heading, use a non-printing space of
some sort for the heading, maybe @@latex:~@@?

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3.3-456-g164555