[O] iPad text editor for .org files in Dropbox?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [O] iPad text editor for .org files in Dropbox?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 08:36:13 -0500

Now that I've gotten MobileOrg to work (with the help of many great list
members), it appears to be less useful than I'd
hoped. MobileOrg seems to be mainly focused on highly structured documents,
with lots of headers, tags, TODO items, etc. While I
have many work-related files like that, much of what I do is more freeform
writing, intended for blog posts. These seem to show up
in MobileOrg as having no content at all, in any of the views.

So I've been thinking that a simple iPad text editor might be better for me. In
fact, there seem to be a number of them that can
connect to Dropbox and edit files directly. Unfortunately, though, the two I
tried, PlainText 2 and Nocs, seem to be making
decisions based on the file extension. PlainText 2 doesn't show me any .org
files at all, and Nocs displays them, but gives me a
"Load error" when I try to open one.

I know this question is a bit off the list's topic, but has anyone found an
iPad text editor that can operate on .org files in
Dropbox?

Thank you!

-pd