Re: [O] using org-agenda-view-columns-initially option, needs double qui

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] using org-agenda-view-columns-initially option, needs double quit to leave agenda?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:49:49 +0200

Hi,

Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all
>
> i discovered today  the 'org-agenda-view-columns-initially' option and
> really like it. one annoying issue is that after i launch my agenda view ,
> in order to exit the agenda view i need to press 'q' twice. once to leave
> the column view which gets me back to the agenda view (non column) and then
> another 'q' to leave the agenda view

'q' is a way to switch from column view to non-column view.  I think
that's reasonable.

> is there anyway around this where 'q' in the agenda column view will close
> down the agenda view altogether?

If you really want you can advice 'org-agenda-quit' (which is bound to
'q' in the agenda) to always quit column view before all other action.

#v+
(advice-add
 'org-agenda-quit
 :before
 (lambda () (if org-agenda-columns-active (org-columns-quit))))
#v-

Another possibility would be to advice 'Q' like

#v+
(advice-add
 'org-agenda-Quit
 :before
 (lambda () (if org-agenda-columns-active (org-columns-quit))))
#v-

All not so well tested.

--
Marco Wahl