Re: [O] Bug: Exporting smart single quotes in Org 8.3 seems broken [8.3.

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Exporting smart single quotes in Org 8.3 seems broken [8.3.2 (8.3.2-elpa @ /Users/jonathan/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150929/)]
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 20:53:08 +0200

Jonathan Oddie <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for the explanation.  Just to make sure I understand: it
> sounds like '...' and "..." should be thought of as markup, with "..."
> always used for outer quotes and '...' for inner quotes in org-mode
> source files.
>
> However, I could customize `org-export-smart-quotes-alist' to export
> outer quotes using single quote marks and inner quotes using double
> quote marks.
>
> Is that about right?

Correct. However, `org-export-smart-quotes-alist' aims to be
typographically correct for all handled languages, so it is not
customizable.

Also, this variable predates the new algorithm, so it introduces some
confusion in its entries: there, "opening-double-quote" should be
understood as "opening-outer-quote" and "opening-single-quote" as
"opening-inner-quote", or some such.

Regards,