Re: [O] [bug] org-cycle changed behavior in orgstruct-mode

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org-cycle changed behavior in orgstruct-mode
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 21:26:25 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Do you mean to change org-cycle-internal-local as in this patch or to make
> a hook around it?

The former. However, a hook is OK too, but I couldn't find an acceptable
candidate.

Funnily, `org-end-of-subtree' does the exact opposite: it hard-codes
behaviour and switch to the slow, outline.el, function when in
a different mode. Other functions do not even have a fast path (e.g.
`org-forward-heading-same-level').

We could make these functions faster, but we first need to decide how to
proceed when it happens. After all, maybe the most simple path is good
ole advice. Since `orgstruct-mode' already hijacks bindings, the next
step would be to do the same for functions.

WDYT?

> Maybe the exception should be if orgstruct is detected rather than if
> org is not detected.

Not really, because you can have orgstruct on even in an Org buffer.

> +     (org-with-limited-levels
> +      ;; `orgstruct-mode' does not work well with
> +      ;; `org-show-children'.  Thus, use `show-children' unless in
> +      ;; org-mode.

Nitpick: "unless in Org mode" or "unless major mode is `org-mode'".

Thank you for the patch.

Regards,