[O] emacs & org mode for scholars questions

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: [O] emacs & org mode for scholars questions
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 22:38:30 -0700

Hi all,

I am going to be giving a talk on how Emacs can help support scholars,
especially those who are using plain text and doing reproducible
research, at “Emacsconf 2015” in San Francisco this Saturday (the
29th).

I have done some work on managing references using Emacs & pandoc, but
what I’d like to focus on in this talk is why Emacs is a great tool
for scholarly writers (both scientists and humanists) and what Emacs
developers should be concentrating on to make it an even better tool
for the scholarly community.

I’m wondering if you any of you might have any suggestions about what
you would like to see Emacs do better to support the scholarly writing
community.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

best, Erik Hetzner
--