Re: [O] Help testing orgmode connection to interactive web environment

From: Bill Burdick
Subject: Re: [O] Help testing orgmode connection to interactive web environment
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 06:55:53 +0000

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 9:24 AM Peter Salazar <address@hidden> wrote:
In Chrome:

The show/hide button doesn't seem to do anything.
Clicking CLICKING THIS LINK gives "elisp links not supported."
Edits don't seem to stick.

Thanks for the feedback, Peter!

Elisp is not supported because it's not connected to your Emacs -- we haven't published the connection mode to Melpa yet because we wanted some people to look it over first before I made an actual announcement.

I just put instructions on how to get leisure-connection-mode for Emacs into the doc.  Until we publish the Melpa package, you can just clone the GitHub repository if you want to connect to emacs.  The instructions go over this in more detail.

Show/Hide just toggles visibility for top-level headlines that have the hidden property set to true and in this document, the only hidden "slide" (i.e. top-level headline) is the last one, which contains some settings, so you have to be at the very bottom of the doc to see it that slide show up.

By changes not sticking, do you mean if you refresh the document they disappear?  This is true because it's just loading a static web page.  If you pop up Leisure from Emacs, it will be connected to what is in the buffer, so your changes will persist.  When collaboration works again, changes will be mirrored to other collaborators (the older version has collaboration but the new version does not, yet).  For storage, we'll use OAuth to hook up to GitHub, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc., as we get the connectors implemented.

-- Bill