Re: [O] John's amazing indexing posts

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: [O] John's amazing indexing posts
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:31:01 +0200

Hi Xebar,

Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> i start using counsel and the counsel-recoll and is quite good, thx for this!
> a small Q. when i launch the command am i supposed to see the search term
> inline (like in grep) or just the file name it
> resides in. currently i just see the filename that contains the search term.
> example screenshot:
> https://paste.xinu.at/B77QYh/

You can't see the search term inline, only the file name.  Recoll
doesn't support inline context. It has support for abstracts, but they
are disjointed, as in not a full sentence, but a summary of
keywords. Showing those is a possibility, but at times it's just too
much information.

For instance, here's one candidate for input 'git':

text/plain      [file:///home/oleh/Dropbox/org/wiki/git.org]    [git.org]
9921    bytes
ABSTRACT
title my git notes language en ... css articles done http git scm com
book en git branching branching workflows git branching workflows closed
2013 ... 22 00 done http git scm com book en distributed git distributed
workflows git distributed workflows closed 2013 ...
/ABSTRACT

I think the file name here is more relevant than the abstract, taking
into account that there are 59 other candidates, besides this one.

--Oleh