Re: [O] John's amazing indexing posts

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] John's amazing indexing posts
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 10:31:31 -0400

Thanks Matt,

That is also my impression of where this will go. Eventually this will
move towards a database search engine, e.g. like Oleg's project at
https://github.com/wvxvw/sphinx-mode. I am not sure precisely which
direction though. Swish-e is nice, but at the moment you cannot
incrementally update the database, and full indexing is required every
time. I am not sure that is fixable, and swish-e does not do
unicode. There are half a dozen or so candidates to go forward on, and
they all have some pros and cons to think about.

It has a lot of other applications in org too, e.g. a file-system wide
agenda, tag search, etc...

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F