Re: [O] Getting heading properties from org-element

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Getting heading properties from org-element
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 11:23:49 -0400

hm. We must have different use cases in mind. Currently I am using

(save-excursion
                      (goto-char
                       (org-element-property :begin headline))
                      (org-entry-properties))

to get the properties. I thought there would be a way to get those from
the parse tree to avoid the excursion (I use this to index a few
thousand org-files so I want it to be fast). It turns out that is not
too slow, so until a better way comes along, I will use it!

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F