Re: [O] Getting heading properties from org-element

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Getting heading properties from org-element
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 21:15:20 +0200

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

Hi John,

> Is there a convenient way to get the properties of a headline from
> org-element? I see they are in the parsed output, e.g. as :CATEGORIES
> emacs,org :DATE today, but I didn't see a way to get them if I don't
> already know what they are.
>
> I know how to get these from an org file, e.g. org-entry-properties, and
> I am looking for something like this from an element.

in my org-dp repo I have these two functions:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun org-dp-contents (&optional element interpret-p no-properties-p)
  "Get contents of element-at-point or ELEMENT.
If INTERPRET-P is non-nil, call `org-element-interpret-data' on
return value. Call `org-no-properties' on result if
NO-PROPERTIES-P is non-nil too."
  (let* ((elem (cond
                ((and (not (booleanp element))
                      (symbolp element))
                 (eval element))
                ((stringp element)
                 (let ((el (car (read-from-string element))))
                   (when (consp el) el)))
                ((consp element) element)
                (t (org-element-at-point))))
         (beg (org-element-property :begin elem))
         (end (org-element-property :end elem))
         (type (org-element-type elem)))
    (if (and beg end)
        (save-restriction
          (narrow-to-region beg end)
          (let ((cont (org-element-map
                          (org-element-parse-buffer 'object)
                          type 'org-element-contents nil t)))
            (cond
             ((and interpret-p no-properties-p)
              (org-no-properties (org-element-interpret-data cont)))
             (interpret-p
              (org-element-interpret-data cont))
             (t cont))))
      (org-element-contents elem))))

(defun org-dp-filter-node-props (filter &optional negate-p verbose-p)
  "Return filtered node-properties.
FILTER should be either a symbol from `org-dp-prop-classes', the
symbol `org' (matching the union of all `org-dp-prop-classes' and
customizable variable `org-dp-misc-props'), a list of keys as
strings, or a (single) regexp-string. If NEGATE-P is non-nil, the
properties not matched by the filter are returned. If VERBOSE-P
is non-nil, a message is printed if no property-drawer is found,
otherwise nil is returned."
  (let ((props (save-excursion
                 (and
                  (or (org-at-heading-p)
                      (outline-previous-heading))
                  (re-search-forward
                   org-property-drawer-re
                   (save-excursion
                     (org-end-of-meta-data-and-drawers)
                     (point))
                   'NOERROR 1)
                  (progn
                    (goto-char (match-beginning 0))
                    (org-dp-contents)))))
        filtered-props)
    (if (not props)
        (when verbose-p
          (message
           "Could not find properties at point %d in buffer %s."
           (point) (current-buffer)))
      (org-element-map props 'node-property
        (lambda (--prop)
          (let* ((key (org-element-property :key --prop))
                 (val (org-element-property :value --prop))
                 (memberp (case filter
                            ((special custom default file global)
                             (member-ignore-case
                              key
                              (eval
                               (cdr-safe
                                (assoc filter
                                       org-dp-prop-classes)))))
                            (org (member-ignore-case
                                  key (org-dp-org-props)))
                            (t (cond
                                ((stringp filter)
                                 (string-match filter key))
                                ((consp filter)
                                 (member-ignore-case key filter))
                                (t (error "Not a valid filter: %s"
                                          filter)))))))
            (when (or (and negate-p (not memberp))
                      (and (not negate-p) memberp))
              (setq filtered-props
                    (cons (cons key val) filtered-props))))))
      filtered-props)))

#+END_SRC

maybe thats somehow related...

--