Re: [O] Time-zone in dates

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Time-zone in dates
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:17:19 +0100

On Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 21:57, address@hidden wrote:

[...]

> It is really simpler programmatically to deal with time offsets
> instead. The downside is that you cannot manage DST and other similar
> peculiarities but the API is much simpler to write.

Time offsets are not sufficient.  My Australia experience involved me
living in South Australia while working with colleagues in the UK.  The
time difference throughout the year was one of 8.5 hours, 9.5 hours or
10.5 hours, depending on the various switches to and from daylight
savings.  Very annoying and confusing to manage...

To be effective and usable, org will need to incorporate time zone
information.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1253-gaa9c4b