Re: [O] Time-zone in dates

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Time-zone in dates
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 21:20:00 +0200

Hello,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> In practice, I do not miss having time zone information in org.

Time zone information is interesting when users of different areas are
exchanging Org documents.

I think it would be useful to have:

 - a keyword to specify time zone per document. This time zone would
   apply to every time stamp not defining their own time zone. Default
   value could be `local' so we would be backward compatible.

 - a way to specify a time zone per time stamp, overriding the previous
   keyword.

I think it would require to define a proper API for timestamps in order
to ensure, e.g., comparisons are done right.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou