Re: [O] ox-koma-letter: how to use @@LaTeX:@@ specific commands in #+ di

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] ox-koma-letter: how to use @@LaTeX:@@ specific commands in #+ directives
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 00:03:54 +0200

Hello,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have started using ox-koma-letter from the contrib directory.  Very
>> nice.  Thanks Nicolas, Alan, Viktor, and Rasmus!
>>
>> Everything works well so far except for one minor niggle: I would like
>> to introduce, sometimes, LaTeX specific inline directives in #+
>> lines.  E.g. for LaTeX export, I would use @@latex:\\@@ to get a line
>> break in a title or author entry.  I had expected the same to work with
>> ox-koma-letter given that it is a latex /derived/ backend and does work
>> in normal text, just not in #+ lines.

I cannot reproduce it. koma-letter back-ends explicitly allows latex
export snippets, e.g.,

  #+title: @@latex:\something@@

produces the expected \something.

> It also doesn't work with ox-beamer:
>
> #+subtitle: subtitle @@latx:\LaTeX@@ @@beamer:BEAMER@@
>
> I guess it's a feature.  Or a bug at a higher level than
> ox-koma-letter.

This is a feature.

If @@latex:...@@ is supported in beamer export, you have no way to
insert latex-only code in a document that you plan to export using both
beamer and latex back-ends.

However, this doesn't apply in koma-letter.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou