Re: [O] Testers / Feedback wanted: Gantt charts via org-gantt.el

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Testers / Feedback wanted: Gantt charts via org-gantt.el
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 17:13:10 +0200

Hi!

* Bernhard Schmitz <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Von: Karl Voit [mailto:address@hidden
>>
>> And accomplishing this, I personally would like to see that your
>> method takes org-depend into consideration. Namely the properties
>> BLOCKER and TRIGGER:(NEXT|TODO|STARTED). I plan my projects using
>> mostly BLOCKER and TRIGGER:NEXT to express dependencies.

> This should be possible (might take a while, and no promises), at
> least for those simple dependencies. More complicated things
> expressed via org-depend would require some serious effort.

Understood.

> I don't understand the TRIGGER:(NEXT) syntax, though. According to
> the org-depend documentation TRIGGER: requires an id or a
> chain-siblings string.

Oh, I was too lazy to write a working example.

,----[ working example ]
| ** DONE My pretty task
| CLOSED: [2015-04-30 Thu 07:50] SCHEDULED: <2015-04-30 Thu>
| :PROPERTIES:
| :CREATED:  [2015-04-17 Fri 15:36]
| :ID:       2015-04-17-Dach-zu
| :TRIGGER:  foo1(NEXT) bar1(WAITING)
| :BLOCKER:  previousXY prevZ
| :END:
`----

So when this task got marked as DONE, the headings with the ID
propertes "previousXY" and "prevZ" must not have been in an open
state. Further more, the headings with ID "foo1" got the new states
NEXT and "bar1" WAITING accordingly.

That's basically it.

> So if you can describe a consistent way that org-gantt should
> handle org-depend, then I might implement it (again, no promises),

I hope I could describe the dependency definitions properly now.

> but as I have never used org-depend I don't know if whatever I
> could come up with would make sense.

:-)

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github