Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:13:01 +0800

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> I am revising a long book manuscript, and would like to mark parts of text
> (not just the headlines) just to remind myself that these need to be dealt
> with.
>
> What could be an the easy way of doing it?

I use footnotes for this sort of thing, but don't find it very ideal.

I've occasionally thought of a link type that operates more like the
comment feature of Word Processors That Shall Not Be Named. So you'd do
the following:

Aliquam erat volutpat. Nunc eleifend leo vitae magna. In id erat non
orci commodo lobortis. Proin neque massa, cursus ut, gravida ut,
lobortis eget, lacus. [[Sed diam. Praesent fermentum tempor tellus.
Nullam tempus. Mauris ac felis vel velit tristique imperdiet. Donec at
pede. Etiam vel neque nec dui dignissim bibendum.]][#:I hear all this
isn't really Latin, but who am I to say?]] Vivamus id enim. Phasellus
neque orci, porta a, aliquet quis, semper a, massa. Phasellus purus.
Pellentesque tristique imperdiet tortor. Nam euismod tellus id erat.

I'm making up the "#:" syntax, but you see what I mean. The comment
would disappear, the text would be highlighted somehow, and perhaps it
could even be exported to a proper comment in ODT, and turned into
a custom container/environment in other export backends. HTML tooltips,
marginpars, etc.

Just a thought.

Eric