Re: [O] How to match TODO items not SCHEDULED or DEADLINE'd

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] How to match TODO items not SCHEDULED or DEADLINE'd
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:10:59 -0400

Nicolas Goaziou writes:

address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:
Nikolaus Rath writes:
Actually, it seems it does not work for some cases. If I have a file with * TODO Item 1 * TODO Item 2 SCHEDULED: <2015-04-24 Fri> * Heading ** TODO Subitem 1 ** TODO Subitem 1 SCHEDULED: <2015-04-24 Fri> end do the above procedure, I'm getting * TODO Item 1 * TODO Item 2... * Heading ** TODO Subitem 1... Why is "Item 2" not being hidden?

That is a good question, I don't know. It fails for me as well in the org-sparse-tree, but not in the agenda. In the agenda it only shows Item 1 and Subitem 1, as it should. I had never used the sparse tree, it might by what it is supposed to do, perhaps it shows by default all entries up to a certain level. Hopefully someone can answer, if not perhaps a new thread with just that issue could serve as a bug report.

If you're using development version, see `org-show-context-detail'.

Thank you that answers the question, that list has (default . ancestors) in the default. Nikolaus, for the sparse trees to look like you want, probably you want to add:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
 (add-to-list 'org-show-context-detail '(tags-tree . minimal))
 (add-to-list 'org-show-context-detail '(occur-tree . minimal))

#+END_SRC
Best,
--
Jorge.